Other Related Wedding Events
- An event where a man asks a woman to marry him. Usually done in an elaborate way.
- A Filipino pre-wedding tradition wherein the man's family goes to the woman's home (with food and drinks) and he formally asks the woman's family for her hand in marriage. This is normally held after the woman says "yes" to the man's wedding proposal.
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- This is traditionally held the night before the wedding, just after the rehearsal.
- A celebration held in honor of a bride attended by female friends of the bride wherein she is "showered" with gifts.
"Despedida de Soltera"
- (“Farewell to spinsterhood / single-hood”), is aFilipino pre-wedding practice where families celebrate the bride’s family’s consent on the marriage. It is usually held about a week before the wedding day, and is typically hosted by the bride-to-be’s family. Traditionally, the groom and his family, the entourage, as well as close relatives and friends are invited to this party.
- Also known as a stag party held for a bachelor usually on the night before he is married. It is a